Wealthsimple is a financial services company on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom by providing products and advice that are accessible and affordable. Using technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost.
With over 1 million people using Wealthsimple products, we are the market leader in Canada, and we’re fast growing in the US and UK. Our team is working together to build one of the most innovative fintech companies in the world and we're looking for talented people who want to help us move fast, ship often and make a huge impact. Join us on our mission to make financial services simple and affordable for everyone.
Read our Culture Manual
to learn more about us and how we work.About this role
We're looking for a Creative Lead to define our brand voice and develop creative strategy across our social platforms. You'll work with many disciplines across Wealthsimple from Brand, Editorial, Comms, and Investment Research to bring social campaigns to life.
We’re building world’s most human financial brand, and we think our social channels have the ability to humanize the relationship we all have with money. Money is an endlessly deep and evolving source of creative inspiration, and we want our social channels to use the lens of money to inspire, entertain, educate, de-mystify and de-stigmatize. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Develop and deploy an overarching social content strategy and brand voice for Wealthsimple across multiple social platforms
- Create social-first campaigns with the support of strong in-house editorial, research, creative and design
- Reimagine Editorial and Brand content from our award-winning online Magazine and creative campaigns for our social platforms in a way that doesn’t feel copy-paste
- Develop a clear strategy for Wealthsimple to expand and evolve our existing social channels, and advise on what new social channels to experiment with next
- Work with our Social Community Manager to coordinate social campaign rollouts and anticipate the conversation that they’ll spawn
- Use social listening tools, observe insights and follow your instincts to come up with creative campaign ideas for engaging, entertaining, and expanding our audience
- Bring the Wealthsimple voice to life both in writing and a clear visual POV in a way that feels true and distinct to each of our social platforms. You’ll be fluent in the language of the internet and modern culture and be able to communicate using the native tools of each platform
- Identify brand opportunities by keeping a pulse on cultural moments, trending hashtags or news stories, and understand how to produce creative at the speed of social
Here's what we're looking for:
- An established Social Creative Lead with 3+ years of experience developing and deploying social media content and content strategies for major brands
- Strong creative writing chops we want you to find compelling ways to insert the Wealthsimple Brand into the cultural conversation with good writing to keep the conversation going
- You don’t need to be a designer but you do need to understand great design and be comfortable collaborating with designers and art directors
- Financial expertise is not a must but you should be interested in personal finance and investing (because you’ll be writing about it a lot), and able to talk about sometimes complex topics in accessible, simple language
- The internet moves quickly (and we move pretty fast too), so you’ll need to take the lead on content direction and bring forward opportunities as you see them. You should be comfortable in a fast-paced, startup environment
- An openness to working in a transparent, flat hierarchy, low ego work environment. We tend to be blunt, open and honest for the sake of making the best work possible
- Ability to set ambitious goals for the channels you’d oversee, and come up with measurable ways to meet those goals
At Wealthsimple, we embrace difference. We believe that getting to the best outcomes requires diverse perspectives and backgrounds. We create space where all voices can be heard so that we can all do our life's best work. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.