Wealthsimple is a financial services company on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom by providing products and advice that are accessible and affordable. Using technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost.
With over 1 million people using Wealthsimple products, we are the market leader in Canada, and we’re fast growing in the US and UK. Our team is working together to build one of the most innovative fintech companies in the world and we're looking for talented people who want to help us move fast, ship often and make a huge impact. Join us on our mission to make financial services simple and affordable for everyone.About this role
We're looking for an Interactive / Motion Designer to join the Wealthsimple Creative Team. We’re building world’s most human financial brand, and we believe great design has the ability to humanize the relationship people have with money.
The Wealthsimple Creative Team in NYC and Toronto is comprised of creatively-passionate industry veterans with expertise in advertising, editorial, and product design. We're committed to building a world-class creative brand, and we've only just begun. Check out our Multiple Webby-winning website, our Magazine, and our Culture Manual.In this role you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Work with the Wealthsimple Creative Team under the guidance of our Senior Product Designer to create beautiful, communicative, effective interactive design
- Create motion design that lives across product websites, brand campaigns and social
- Improve and tighten design consistency across Wealthsimple's growing product ecosystem
- React to user research to optimize the usability of your design
- Present user flows and wireframes to stakeholders that effectively communicate your ultimate vision
- Create rapid prototypes and storyboards of motion concepts to get buy-in from stakeholders
- Work closely with engineering to implement and refine your interactive designs
- Oversee the process of creating video and animation from storyboards to final assets
We’re looking for someone who:
- Brings 2-3 years experience in a similar role
- Has the ability to work in Figma and Adobe Creative Suite, with solid experience in short form animation
- Has a strong visual POV, grounded in a solid graphic design foundation, with an emphasis on digital and motion design
- Has a holistic view of design, from the tiny details to the big picture
- Loves working with great typography, layout, illustration, and 3D elements in concert with effective UX
- Has a strong understanding of the entire design process, including user research, information architecture, wireframing and prototyping
- Believes in building scalable design systems that reinforce brand consistency
- Enjoys working across various mediums, with a strong emphasis in digital design and animation for mobile
- Brings working knowledge of prepping design files for digital formats
- Values open communication, transparency, and collaboration to constantly make the work better
- Is self-directed, brings ideas to the table, and takes ownership of their projects
How to apply:
- If you’re excited to be part of Wealthsimple's mission and the impact we can have on the world, along with your resume, send us a few portfolio pieces or case studies that demonstrate:
- Your ability to produce polished and well-thought-out user experiences
- Your growth and learnings throughout the project
- Your design process and how you collaborate with other disciplines
At Wealthsimple, we embrace difference. We believe that getting to the best outcomes requires diverse perspectives and backgrounds. We create space where all voices can be heard so that we can all do our life's best work. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.