Wealthsimple is a financial services company on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom by providing products and advice that are accessible and affordable. Using technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost.
With over 1 million people using Wealthsimple products, we are the market leader in Canada, and we’re fast growing in the US and UK. Our team is working together to build one of the most innovative fintech companies in the world and we're looking for talented people who want to help us move fast, ship often and make a huge impact. Join us on our mission to make financial services simple and affordable for everyone.
The Wealthsimple Creative Team in NYC and Toronto is comprised of creatively-passionate industry veterans from advertising agencies (Weiden+Kennedy), startup incubators (Y Combinator), as well as expertise in editorial, growth marketing, partnerships and social media. We're committed to building a world-class creative brand, and we've only just begun. Check out our Multiple Webby-winning website, our Magazine, and our Culture Manual.About this role
We're looking for a Studio Designer to join the Creative Team specializing in performance creative. We’re building world’s most human financial brand, and we believe great design has the ability to humanize the relationship we all have with money. You'll work with many disciplines across Wealthsimple to create beautiful, communicative, effective design that will help inspire everyday people to get better with money. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Work closely with the Growth Marketing team, to create digital performance assets (still, videos, banners) across paid social platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, Youtube) with a focus on driving new user adoption and engagement
- Improve and tighten design consistency across Wealthsimple's growing product ecosystem
- React to audience reactions to optimize the design of assets
- Create artwork and animation for our social media channels
- Create beautiful presentations
- Continually update and improve Wealthsimple’s online presence in the App Store and website
- Create and update style guides to maintain Wealthsimple’s design standards with partners
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has graduated from a design program and brings 2-3 years experience in a similar role
- Gets excited about looking at the performance of designs they create, and continuously iterating to make them better
- Has the ability to work in Figma and Adobe Creative Suite, with solid experience in short form animation
- Brings solid understanding of digital and traditional design layout, including prepping design files for digital formats
- Has a holistic view of brand design, from the tiny details to the big picture
- Has a strong visual POV, grounded in a solid graphic design foundation
- Loves great typography, illustration, and motion design
- Believes in building design systems that create brand consistency and efficiency
- Enjoys working across various mediums, with a strong emphasis in digital design and animation
- Values open communication, transparency, and collaboration to constantly make the work better
- Can coordinate with leaders across multiple teams
- Is self-directed, brings ideas to the table, and takes ownership of their projects
At Wealthsimple, we embrace difference. We believe that getting to the best outcomes requires diverse perspectives and backgrounds. We create space where all voices can be heard so that we can all do our life's best work. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.